About the club
Whether you are 16 or 86, that’s not a problem as we welcome runners of all ages and abilities to share our passion to keep fit and active, improve our mental health and socialise through running.
Not a member, not a problem...........just come along for a few sessions to see if its for you ("try before you buy")
When we meet
Club members meet twice weekly on a Tuesday & Thursday evening at our usual training location from 7.00 pm ready for a 7.15 pm start.
Tuesdays tend to be training nights working with the club coach or one of the club’s run leaders on speed, endurance or core strength in a format that works for all abilities. Just put in what you can, there is no need to compete with anyone else!
Thursdays tend to be club runs, once again starting at around 7.15 pm. Its usual for different groups to run different distances & speeds. We try to ensure there is something suitable for everyone, so don't be afraid, members cover all ages & abilities. Remember not everyone wants to enter races & be competitive, many prefer to come along for other reasons.
During the summer months/when we have lighter nights we have a monthly 'away run'. This usually involves a run outside Tickhill (although not too far outside) & tends to end up in a pub. Once again everyone is welcome & routes are chosen to suit all abilities.
We are fortunate in that for a small club we have; one qualified coach, four qualified run leaders & five qualified first aiders.
Club members tend to meet on the first Tuesday of the month following the training session at Tickhill Cricket Club for an informal 'social'......a drink & a chat.
Annual Pub Run
One of the highlights of the year is the annual ‘pub run’. This usually takes place on the last Thursday before Christmas. As it sounds, it involves a run starting & finishing from the cricket club & visiting a number of local hostelries enroute. You may see from the photo gallery that it is usually well attended & whilst festive dress of some sort is not compulsory it certainly adds to the occasion.
For many years they club have run a local race; the ‘Offtrac 10’. This usually takes place in October of each year & for a relatively small club like ourselves takes a considerable amount of organising. To assist with this it is expected that club members will assist on the day by acting as a marshall rather than actually running in the event. Should anyone wish to participate in the race then it is hoped they could find a friend/family member to act as a marshall on their behalf
Membership fees are decided each year at the clubs AGM & are due in March of each year. For the current year April 2019 - March 20120 fees are £40.00 plus the small paypal admin charge. This includes; membership of the club, social membership of Tickhill Cricket Club & membership of UK Athletics.
Benefits of UK Athletics........................
Once you are a registered athlete you will be sent a competition licence. You will also receive a username and password which enable you to log in to access the latest registered athlete benefits which are held at the registered athlete portal at www.englandathletics.org/registered-athlete. This will help you to get the most from the benefits we are able to offer athletes. You can access details of current athlete offers in the Benefits section. Find out more about athlete registration at www.englandathletics.org/registration.
As a registered athlete you are able to access a number of benefits:
- The ability to submit your views on how the sport is run and funded in a way that reflects your fundamental importance to the sport
- Entry discounts (minimum £2) on UKA licensed road and multi-terrain events
- ebulletins including key information on the sport. You can ensure your email address and mailing preferences are up to date at www.englandathletics.org/registered-athlete
- Opportunities for you, (and at times your club or your school) to get involved in exclusive events and experiences in association with British Athletics
- Discounts and vouchers for money off. There are a variety of offers available year round. You can see the latest at www.englandathletics.org/registered-athlete. Offers throughout the year include:
- Athletics kit and footwear from Sweatshop
- Offers on training trips and packages to events with Track & Field Tours
- Entry in the Great Run Club Challenge competition
- Coaching courses
- Athletics Weekly magazine
- Products and services from other partners